Saturday, September 7, 2013

Week 2 - Surprise and Stupor

 
It's always a welcomed surprise when you accidentally place two items of clothing next to each other and then realize that you just put together a new outfit!  Bright orange and hot pink?  I'll take it.  And my "everyday shoes" help to neutralize all of the brightness that I had going on.
 
Guess pumps
 
 

Day seven of the school year, and I was already waking up in a stupor.  On such days, it's helpful to have a simple (read: no need to iron) dress that I can toss on.  Plus, the busy pattern of this particular dress helped to distract from my bags (and I don't mean my purses) and puffy bouffant. 
 

Elle wedges (from Kohl's)
 
Best lesson for the week:  When in doubt, buy the shoes. 
I was lucky to find this last pair in my size (and on clearance) after passing them up at least three times.  I didn't want to bite the bullet before because I wasn't sure that I really needed these shoes.  But then I came to my senses and realized that buying a cute pair of shoes at a great price has very little to do with need.
 
Tommy Hilfiger sandals





Until next week!

2 comments:

  1. Love all these looks! I see you just started your blog! Good Luck! :) Are you on insta?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the feedback, Adrienne! I guess I'm behind the times because I don't have an Intstagram. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your feedback!