Thursday, September 26, 2013

Week 5 - Short

This was a short week.
And by that, I do not mean that we were lucky to have a four-day school week.
Nope.  Instead, I started off the week by wearing a short dress.  Too short now that I look at it:
 
Rock and Republic for Kohls pumps
                                               
 
 

On Tuesday, I was short of shoe options.  I have a lot of shoes, yet I felt like I could not find the right pair to go with this outfit comprised of a pretty blue blouse that I recently scored for four bucks at Kohls and these floral Moschino pants I bought on clearance earlier this summer from TJ Maxx (yes, you read that correctly).  Anyway, seeing them in pictures confirms that these shoes and this outfit weren't a great mix, but, alas, you live and you learn said the teacher...

Vince Camuto open-toe booties

 
 
And so, by Wednesday, I went with a "short" heel...aka flats:

Steve Madden Luxe cheetah print flats (with slight wedge)



And short ones again on Thursday:

Talbots cap-toe flats


Students question me all the time on how tall I really am, but the funny thing was that while standing next to one of them on Wednesday, I looked up at him and, in all genuineness, said, "Gosh, you've gotten taller!" 
He looked down at my feet and replied, "No, I didn't, Mrs. C.  You're just not wearing heels today." 


Yep.  Definitely a short week.

5 comments:

  1. I really love your looks! Love the way you integrate color! The last look is my favorite - fabulous color combo! Glad I found your blog! New follower!

    xo, Kenya

    www.kenyalfashionblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab looks! Love the leopard print flats against the pink trousers. The dress wasn't that short but I totally understand. My boss would have given me the side eye, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kish! I love outfit #2 so much! You look fab in blue! I have a new post up and would love for you to stop by! Have a great night!

    xx Easy Outfits, by Pip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kish, thanks so much for stopping by and for your lovely comment! :)

      Delete
  4. You are good a pairing strong colours with each other. Love the blue and the orange. Thanks for posting and feel free to drop by me too anytime.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your feedback!